Mahalo to all the amazing filmmakers from around the world that entertained our audience from the safety of their homes!
We want to recognize a few films that won awards in this year’s festival:
• Adam Baran Award: Kama’āina (Child Of The Land) – Kimi Howl Lee (U.S.)
• Rising Star: Malia Kamalani Soon – Kama’āina
• Best Narrative Short: My Friend Michael Jones – Ian Leaupepe & Samson Rambo (New Zealand)
• Programmer Award/Best Narrative Short: Melt – Moxie Peng (China)
• Best Local Short/Documentary: Parental Guidance Suggested – Dane Neves (U.S.)
• Best Local Short/Narrative: The Longing Fade – Kaveh-Joon Kardan (U.S.)
• Special Jury Mention: In Orbit – Soham Chakraborty, Hanxu Chen, Meton Joffily, Justin Polley & Julia Trouvé (France)
• Best Experimental Short: Safe Among Stars – Jess X. Snow (U.S.)
• Audience Award: A Walk Home – Tsuyoshi Shoji (Japan)
Thank you all so much for tuning in! We hope you enjoyed the shorts in this year’s Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival!