ALOHA RAINBOW FRIENDS!
It’s been an incredibly difficult time for everyone, but with the New Year comes hope for the future, and the good news that
WE’RE STILL HERE!
Please check back here and on our social media for updates on HRFF2021, coming this summer.
IT’S GOING TO BE AMAZING!
“For Your Consideration”
Meanwhile, looking for more LGBTQ /queer /mahu content from our islands? Enjoy this locally-made animated short, which is under consideration for an Oscar, brought to you by the team behind Kumu Hina,
Kapaemahu – complete animated short
Mahalo to all the amazing filmmakers from around the world that entertained our audience from the safety of their homes last year!
We want to recognize a few films that won awards in this year’s festival:
• Adam Baran Award: Kama’āina (Child Of The Land) – Kimi Howl Lee (U.S.)
• Rising Star: Malia Kamalani Soon – Kama’āina
• Best Narrative Short: My Friend Michael Jones – Ian Leaupepe & Samson Rambo (New Zealand)
• Programmer Award/Best Narrative Short: Melt – Moxie Peng (China)
• Best Local Short/Documentary: Parental Guidance Suggested – Dane Neves (U.S.)
• Best Local Short/Narrative: The Longing Fade – Kaveh-Joon Kardan (U.S.)
• Special Jury Mention: In Orbit – Soham Chakraborty, Hanxu Chen, Meton Joffily, Justin Polley & Julia Trouvé (France)
• Best Experimental Short: Safe Among Stars – Jess X. Snow (U.S.)
• Audience Award: A Walk Home – Tsuyoshi Shoji (Japan)
Thank you all so much for tuning in! We hope you enjoyed the shorts in this year’s Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival! Follow or Like us on social media to stay connected with us: FACEBOOK
We hope to see you next year!
Click Here To See Our 2020 Sponsors!