Mahalo to all the amazing filmmakers from around the world that entertained our audience from the safety of their homes!
We want to recognize a few films that won awards in this year’s festival:
• Adam Baran Award: Kama’āina (Child Of The Land) – Kimi Howl Lee (U.S.)
• Rising Star: Malia Kamalani Soon – Kama’āina
• Best Narrative Short: My Friend Michael Jones – Ian Leaupepe & Samson Rambo (New Zealand)
• Programmer Award/Best Narrative Short: Melt – Moxie Peng (China)
• Best Local Short/Documentary: Parental Guidance Suggested – Dane Neves (U.S.)
• Best Local Short/Narrative: The Longing Fade – Kaveh-Joon Kardan (U.S.)
• Special Jury Mention: In Orbit – Soham Chakraborty, Hanxu Chen, Meton Joffily, Justin Polley & Julia Trouvé (France)
• Best Experimental Short: Safe Among Stars – Jess X. Snow (U.S.)
• Audience Award: A Walk Home – Tsuyoshi Shoji (Japan)
Thank you all so much for tuning in! We hope you enjoyed the shorts in this year’s Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival! Follow or Like us on social media to stay connected with us: FACEBOOK
We hope to see you next year!
FILM & TALK-STORY
Missed the live Kamaʻāina Talk Story event? Don’t worry, we have the whole thing on our Facebook page!
Kamaʻāina is the story of a queer 16 year old girl from Waiʻanae who must navigate life on the streets after being kicked out of her home, until she eventually finds refuge at the Puʻuhonua o Waiʻanae.
Sponsored by the Hawaii Council for the Humanities.
Community Partner: Hawaiʻi Women in Filmmaking
Click Here To See Our 2020 Sponsors!