Film submissions for the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival (HRFF26) are NOW OPEN!
Please see the deadlines and fees below for the June 04-07, 2015 festival!
2015 ENTRY DEADLINES AND FEES
|Deadline||Time Period||Project Length||Submission Fee|
|EARLYBIRD||Postmarked by DECEMBER 20, 2014||Projects under 30min||$25.00 US|
|Projects over 30min||$35.00 US|
|REGULAR||DECEMBER 21, 2014 – JANUARY 20, 2015||Projects under 30min||$30.00 US|
|Projects over 30min||$45.00 US|
|LATE||JANUARY 21, 2015 – FEBRUARY 20, 2015||Projects under 30min||$40.00 US|
|Projects over 30min||$55.00 US|
|WAB EXTENDED||FEBRUARY 21, 2015 – MARCH 20, 2015||Projects under 30min||$45.00 US|
|Projects over 30min||$65.00 US|
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY:
1. Your online submission must be emailed or physical screeners post-paid to the HRFF office and bear a postmark of December 20, 2014 for the EARLY-BIRD DEADLINE, January 20, 2015 for the REGULAR DEADLINE, February 20, 2015 for the LATE DEADLINE, and March 20, 2015 for the WAB Extended Deadline.
2. Entry fee is waived for all Hawaii-based filmmakers. Verification may be required.
3. Your film should have been completed no earlier than November 2013.
4. The Festival will consider works-in-progress, films with temporary sound tracks, digital outputs, and work that did not originate from film.
5. Online screeners are PREFERRED! Online screener links must include WAB tracking submission# and e-mailed to:
If you have any questions you mail us at this email address also.
All features and shorts are eligible for Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival Awards. Several annual film awards are presented annually: The Adam Baran Award, the Phred Love Award for Best Hawaii Film, the Rainbow Award, Best Short Film and Best Feature Film
1. Feature Films (60min. or more) and short films (30min or less) must submit an ONLINE-SCREENER or TWO (2) DVD (NTSC only)
2. Payment (see “ENTRY FEES”)
If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require the following:
1. Film trailers, clip reels, EPKs (if available), posters, and postcards in the effort of maximizing exposure for your film.
2. DVD or Blu-Ray Disc (NTSC) final formats. Short films will be required in digital format.
Please note that the Festival will not accept PAL formats. The filmmaker is required to provide an NTSC version. The festival will not pay for any dubbing transfers from PAL to NTSC.
3. Two Synopses of film, a short and long version, exceeding no more than 25 words and 125 words, respectively.
4. Non-English films must be subtitled in English.
1. Packaging – Ship your DVDs in a bubble-pack envelope whenever possible. The festival is not responsible for damage to discs incurred during transport.
2. Costs & Labeling – All shipping costs to and from Honolulu must be borne by the sender. All DVDs must indicate title, shipper’s name, and return shipping address.
3. International entries – All entries from outside the U.S. should be sent Air Mail Registered or by parcel or express service. The Festival cannot accept entries shipped by air freight if customs and delivery fees are not paid.
4. Return of Entries – Preview DVDs will not be returned.
If you have any film-submission questions you mail us at
(Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.)